Hail Damage Parker, Highlands Ranch, Denver, Lakewood, Arvada, Westminster, Thornton Commerce City
Last Updated on Friday, 14 September 2012 11:04
Written by ahroofing
Friday, 14 September 2012 11:04
Has your roof been a victim of the elements here in Colorado? If you live in or anywhere around Denver – Lakewood, Arvada, Westminster, Thorton or Commerce City – odds are you have experienced the likes of hail, wind, sleet and snow beating on your roof. We at A & H Roofing know how harsh mother nature can be, especially as the seasons turn, and we encourage our customers to take a look at their roof and be on the lookout for such things as:
- Hail – If you see any signs of hail damage to your gutters or car, or hail lying on the ground around your home, your roof has more than likely also been impacted by hail.
- Missing Granules – The shingles on your roof have granules that help the overall integrity of your roofing system. If granules have come off of your shingles, you may see them in your yard or driveway, washed out through your gutters.
- Leaks – Check your attic or top level of your home for brown stains on the ceiling. Even the slightest leak can mean big problems if left untouched.
- Wet Insulation – Wet insulation in your attic could mean you have a leak in your roof and can lead to mold.
- Curled, Raised, or Missing Shingles – Take notice of changes in your shingle pattern. Do you notice one on the end that does not match the rest of your roof? Curled or raised shingles need to be repaired.
- Excess Debris/Limbs – If you live around trees, look on your roof for limbs or debris that have blown onto your roof. These limbs mean excessive wind has blown through and may have damaged your roof shingles.
The damage done by hail and wind and other elements is not always blatantly obvious to the untrained eye. While you as a home owner need to be vigilant for signs of damage, it is a good idea to give A & H Roofing a call once a year and let us come out and more closely examine your roof.
Not only can we help you prevent possible damage from hail or wind from turning into an expensive problem, we can also give you an idea of how your roof is aging, which allows you to get a good idea of when you will need to replace it. Give us a call today and find out just how much this summer of hail aged your roof and how A & H Roofing, with a few minor repairs, can help turn back the hands of time and extend your roof’s life.